Thank you for visiting the website of Episcopal Relief & Development (“we” or “us”) at www.episcopalrelief.org (the “Website”). This privacy statement applies to all donor information received by Episcopal Relief & Development, whether obtained by phone, via the mail, on the website or in person. This statement describes what information we may collect from you, why we collect it, how we use it, and how you can update, manage or delete your information. Please read it carefully.
When you use the Website, you are agreeing to this privacy statement. If you do not agree with this privacy statement, you should discontinue use of the Website and unsubscribe from the email update list if you signed up.
This privacy statement may change from time to time. If we make changes to this privacy statement, we will post a notice on our Website. Your continued use of the Website after such notice has been posted constitutes your acceptance of the privacy statement as revised. You can always review the current version of the privacy statement by clicking on the “Privacy Statement” link from the Website home page.
IF YOU ARE LOCATED OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES, PLEASE NOTE THAT OUR DATABASES ARE LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES. WHEN YOU SUBMIT PERSONAL INFORMATION TO US, THAT INFORMATION WILL BE STORED IN THE UNITED STATES. UNITED STATES LAWS APPLICABLE TO THE STORAGE AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION MAY BE LESS PROTECTIVE THAN THE LAW OF YOUR JURISDICTION. BY USING THE WEBSITE, YOU EXPRESSLY CONSENT TO THE COLLECTION, STORAGE AND USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IN THE UNITED STATES.
- Collection and Use of Information: We collect personal information if and when you provide it to us, such as in the following circumstances:
- When you make a donation, we will ask you to provide personal information that identifies you or can be used to contact you, such as your name, telephone number, email, postal address and other information we can use to contact you. Your personal information will be used to process your donation, for our internal review and for ongoing support of your donation. Unless otherwise requested, your information will be added to our mailing and email update lists.
- When you sign up for our email update lists, you will receive periodic emails from us and updates about our programs and stories.
- When you provide us with your postal address, you will receive periodic mailings from us and updates about our programs and stories.
- When you provide your name, email and phone number by submitting such information via our “Contact Us” webpage, we may contact you to follow up on your request or comment.
- We may automatically collect IP addresses and non-personal information about visits to the Website.
- Cookies: We use session variables and cookies in the online store section of the Website (which includes donation pages and Gifts for Life), to enable users to place items in their carts and purchase them online, and to track user activity in order to optimize the experience of visitors to the Website. These cookies do not collect personal information. Session-based variables expire at the end of a browser session, so once the browser window is closed the session variable terminates. These temporary files can also be deleted manually through the browser’s privacy settings. This Website does not monitor, recognize, or honor any opt-out or do not track mechanisms, including general web browser “Do Not Track” settings and/or signals.
- When We Disclose Personal Information to Third Parties: We use third parties to provide us with technical support, website hosting and other applications in support of our activities. In connection with providing us with these services, some of these third parties have access to your personal information to the extent necessary to provide services to us. We also provide information to third parties for analytical purposes in an aggregate, not personally identifiable, form. We do not sell or trade your personal information to or with third parties and, except as described above, we do not disclose your personal information to third parties.
- Third-Party Websites: The Website contains links to, and may be linked from, other websites that are not maintained by us. If you follow the links from the Website to other websites, including when you use our online store to make a donation through Authorize.net, you will be subject to the privacy policies of such other Websites.
- How We Protect Your Information: We put in place reasonable procedural, technical and physical measures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access or disclosure. Only designated persons have access to hard copies of users’ personal information to the extent needed to do their job. All online transactions are processed via a secure server. This means that information entered on the transaction page is encrypted using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) before transmission. On secure pages, a “closed” lock symbol is displayed on the browser screen and the website address in the address bar starts with an “https” instead of an “http.” Donation pages are secured by Digicert or COMODO CA, and transactions are processed using our Authorize.net verified merchant account. Despite these measures, there is always a risk that your personal information may be accessed or used by unauthorized third parties.
- Accessing, Correcting, Updating and Deleting your Personal information: You may contact us by email at email@example.com to obtain copies of personal information that we have collected about you and to correct, update or delete your personal information. If you request to have your personal information deleted from our database, then you will no longer receive updates from us via email or postal mail and may not be able to access some features of the Website. We retain your personal information for the purposes of providing regular updates by email or mail unless requested to delete such information. Personal information obtained in connection with an on-line donation may be retained as required for accounting and tax purposes.
- Contact Us: If you have any questions regarding this privacy statement, or if you wish to exercise any of the rights in the foregoing paragraph, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, calling 1.855.312.8925 or writing us at Episcopal Relief & Development, 815 Second Avenue, New York, NY 10017.
Last updated: [8/15/19]